During the Dutch Colonial Era, Blitar, which is located on the slopes of Mount Kelud, was used as a center for coffee cultivation in East Java, so that thousands of hectares of coffee plantations were opened here. The De Karanganjar plantation was no exception, which was founded in 1874 by H. J. Velsink and Hendrik Van Vredenberg, which was then managed by a Dutch company, namely NV. Mij Karanganjar culture. For decades, these foreign companies managed this plantation until the arrival of the Japanese in 1942 forced the activities on this plantation to stop temporarily.
When the Indonesian nation proclaimed its independence in 1945, the coffee plantation were slowly operating again but with several different companies. One of them is a company from the Netherlands, namely NV. Kooy & Voorhout which only lasted a few years, then they handed over this plantation to a group of local workers, where one of the figures was Denny Roeshadi who had worked on this plantation for a long time.